Monday, April 29, 2013

{Bluebonnet Mini Madness! Pt. 1} Central Texas Natural Light Photographer

Thought ya'll might enjoy a more "behind the scenes" post :)

Well, since this is my first year having my business in Texas during April, I decided it would be an awesome idea to do Bluebonnet Minis! Wow, what an experience! It was both fun & stressful, but I am so thankful for some amazing photographer friends (Lindsey & Katie) who did it with me! 

Back in March, we decided to look for the perfect field! Something I've learned about Texas Bluebonnets---it's like finding GOLD in this area, for photographers at least! If you find a nice, solid, full field that isn't on the side of the road, that isn't trampled, you have hit a gold mine. And you have to search.We waited patiently anxiously for the bluebonnets to pop up from the ground. Literally looked for hours weeks days for the perfect field! We drove down thru Copperas Cove and up through Temple, when finally by accident, we came across the perfect field and were so excited to get the word out to our clients!


This picture does not even begin to do it justice. I also had the privilege of going out before the minis to practice with Lindsey's sweet family of 6. And with our amazing Texas weather, of course we picked the one day of the week where it was FREEZING outside. But nothing will stop two photographers with a mission. So Lindsey dressed her kiddos & husband up and we headed out to the field! Here are some of her images:

Like I said, it was COLD. And you would never know it...! Wanted to show a behind the scenes of an "on break" picture. Huddled together wrapped in a blanket! The kiddos were such troopers!
 We let the kids warm up, so I did a few of Lindsey and her husband. Are these not the sweetest pictures you've ever seen?

 We finished up with this one- I love the Texas flare!

After our session, needless to say, we were PRAYING for better weather that Saturday and Sunday for our mini sessions! (See pt. 2) :)



1 comment:

  1. I love the story to go along with these! It makes the images! The ones of Matt and Lindsey, to answer your question, are the SWEETEST!

    ReplyDelete